Saturday, October 22, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge - Day 21

What I ate day!

While in Vegas we did a lot of celebrating. It was our 20th wedding anniversary on 10/19 and my birthday on 10/20. Two of the things on my 101 things list were to take Greg to a Bobby Flay restaurant and to go to Spago for my birthday. It was great to be able to cross both those things off my list. When trying to figure out what picture I'd post, I couldn't choose just one. So here are some memorable dining moments :)

First photo is the cake Greg ordered and surprised me with. He had it delivered to our room. SOOO sweet of him! It was chocolate with crushed praline filling and butter cream frosting. Isn't it beautiful?



Second is the salad we had at Spago. Very yummy. Sadly, I totally forgot to take a picture of my crab and scallops dinner :-/



Thrid is the ice cream we got for dessert at Spago. We were so full that having cake would have been too much. The ice cream didn't disappoint tho. One of them is brown sugar ice cream. I honestly didn't know if that was going to be good or not because it sounds strange to me. But it was so good! I'd have it again if I ever got the chance. And they wrote happy birthday on the plate for me :)



The foruth picture is my dinner at Mesa Grill. I got the grilled tiger shrimp tacos. Oh. My. These are by far the best seafood tacos I have ever had. They were smokey but not too much. So delicious. They also bring a basket of muffins and bread to the table so I tried a blue corn chile muffin. Awesome!



The fifth photo is Greg's dinner at Mesa Grill. He had the seared sea scallop salad. This was also really delicious and very filling. The scallops were perfectly seared and so tender. They look charred to death in the photo, but they really were perfectly done.



All in all, we had some wonderful meals!

Self-portrait ***** What I wore today
Something green ***** Someone I love
Something new ***** Technology
Something I made ***** Something fun
Fruit ***** From a distance
Flowers ***** My shoes
What I ate ***** In my bag
Pretty pattern ***** Trees
Breakfast ***** Clouds
Sunflare ***** Bokeh
Something orange ***** In motion
Long exposure ***** Purchased
Animal ***** Black and white
From a low angle ***** From a high angle
After dark ***** Close-up

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

Happy Anniversary....Happy Birthday...looks like a grand celebration !...congrats

 Hello, I'm still here!