Monday, June 08, 2009

new stamps

You know how you get excited when you get new stuff? Whatever stuff makes you happy? Well I got some new stuff and I'm pretty excited about it. Stampin' Up is makes stamps and they come in sets. This is one of the sets I ordered....



Oh goodness.....those little owls are just too cute!! I can't wait to make a card with them :) I know this is a bad photo, but it's the best I could do at work....used Photo Booth.

---

This has nothing to do with new stamps.

The guy in the cube behind me is a geek. Seriously, a big nerd. I work with mostly nerds, but he might be the most nerdy of all of them. I get along with him really well, but he has an issue I can't get past. His keyboard tray squeaks. A lot. I know everyone else in the isle can hear it, too, but no one says anything because he is kinda funny about things. It's hard to explain. I'm pretty sure if we asked him about it, he'd say it's not a big deal to him....therefore, not gonna do anything about it. I don't think he considers other people very much....lives in his world and that's all that matters. It also could be that he does not hear it squeaking because, and I am not kidding, he wears a pair of vintage headphones from the 70's. Something like these....



He does not plug them in, the cord just dangles.....so no music, just wants to keep the sound out. Looks ridiculous. But anyway, maybe he can't hear it. So last week I brought a can of WD40 to work and sprayed all the joints on his keyboard tray. He comes in about an hour after I do so by then the faint smell of it was gone. I was sure to not to over spray and clean off any residue from the surface of the joints so the smell would not be an issue. Pretty happy with myself. Then he came in and.....squeak, squeak. I was like.....what the heck!? So I thought maybe it was his chair. Next day, sprayed the chair. He comes in.....squeak, squeak. I tell you, I was ready to pull my hair out. The 3rd day I wiggled everything in his cube to find the source of the noise and nothing squeaked. As I sit here typing this....squeak, squeak is behind me. I'm going to have to ask him about it but I know he won't want to spray the WD40 in there and I can't very well tell him I know it won't smell very much because I did it 3 days in a row last week! Ugh.

2 comments:

littlemikemack said...

I used to have a pair of those big-o-headphones, I think they were Sony's. Actually, if the geek-man continues wearing them, he might actually shed some of his geek-ness as those oversized headphones are making somewhat of a comeback....but then again, you do have to have music pumping thru them.

Good luck with in your quest to quell the squeak.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha..sneaking around spraying WD40 on everything..you are so hilarious...I love you!

L

 Hello, I'm still here!