Monday, March 23, 2020

Lockdown Meals

 It sure is weird to go to the grocery store and not be able to find pretty standard items to make a meal. In the past it might be hard to find a particular brand or something, but to find next to nothing you need....very strange times.

The other night I was standing in the kitchen and had made chicken legs (that were in frozen) and I had some brown rice. No fresh or frozen veggies. I used our favorite Peri Peri sauce on the chicken but the brown rice needed work. I went to my old standby....Everything But The Bagel seasoning. It was so good! So I thought about the other ways I use this stuff. It will be known as EBTBS just to save me from having to type suck a long name. Here are 3 "recipes" using EBTBS.

EBTBS Brown Rice - Lockdown version

1 cup brown rice
2 cups stock or water with bouillon cube or just water
EBTBS to taste
Tsp butter

Cook rice according to package. It's better if you can make it with stock or bouillon but of course water is fine if that's all you have. Plate up the rice and add some butter and sprinkle with the EBTBS and mix it in.
Enjoy!


EBTBS Avocado Toast - Lockdown version

Bread of choice (whatever you can find)
Avocado
Tomato (if you can find...I could not find any)
EBTBS

Toast the bread. Slice the tomato. Mash the avocado. Spread the avocado on the toast and sprinkle with EBTBS. Top with sliced tomato and season the tomato as well. Enjoy!


EBTBS Roasted Veggies - Lockdown version
 
Veggies - whatever you can find!
Oil or non stick spary
EBTBS
1-2 tsp butter

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Chop up the veggies you can find. I got carrots, potatoes, butternut squash, onion and bell peppers. Google roasting time for whatever you find. I had to roast the carrots, potatoes, butternut squash for 15 minutes and then add the onion and bell peppers for the last 15 minutes of the whole cooking period or they would burn. Add some butter and sprinkle with EBTBS and serve! Enjoy!

Leave me a comment and tell me what you have made with limited items.

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!