Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Memories

Have you ever been somewhere and you suddenly are hit with a memory so vivid you are taken right back to that place in time? It doesn't happen to me a lot, but every once in a while stuff like this just hits me.

I was driving along in the area I grew up in and it happened. I remembered when I was about 11 riding in my Mom's tuna boat of a car on the way to K-Mart. There was hardly anyone on the road with us and it was hot. Fallen leaves from the eucalyptus trees rustled and blew around on the road behind the only car that was ahead of us.

That's it. The whole memory. But it was as clear as a bell.

I actually got a little confused for a second ~ the memory had made me forget where I was going.

I can't tell you how many times I have driven down that road.....100's.....and never had that memory. But something about the day and the conditions...just a few cars on the road....it was just like it was 29 years ago.

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

IntEresting :).....

Can't say that its happened to me.

I have a ton of memories (thank goodness...chuckle)...but the first ones to come back to me are "early childhood" ones...like in the 1st - 4th grade or so. When I think of my alcoholic dad....I can vividly...and I mean VIVIDLY recall us driving down a winding street when we lived outside of LA.

I lady was walking down the street with a knee-length skirt....

Dad: " you know what that is Micahel?"

Me: what ?

Dad: "that's a broad"

From Websters: "often offensive : WOMAN".....Thanks for the lesson dad

 Hello, I'm still here!