Monday, June 04, 2007

Sorry for my lack of posting. It's been more than busy.

Last week I had a relapse. I was feeling so much better, then doo doo again. By Friday I was doing better. Today I feel good, but if I talk too much, my voice starts to get weak.

Also last week, the director of my department called an emergency meeting. This is a really long an involved story, so I am going to try and make it short and easy to understand.

My department is disbanding.

By orders of higher powers, we have to merge in another department on campus. I thought maybe my department would just move over under the "umbrella" of this other department, but we are actually just merging into one big department with them....and my departemnt will be gone. All our jobs have to be reassigned. We have to, in a way, interview for our current jobs. Since we are merging, there are already people *there* who do some of the things we do and they don't need a bunch of employees doing all the same things.

It's a mess. And it's scary. And stressful.

But there isn't much to do but move forward with it. It's happening and there is nothing any of us can do about it. So, say a kind word for me. I want this to work out to be a good thing. I need to be positive. It has to work out.

--

Ok so far no guesses on the L. Maybe it is harder than I thought it would be.

Let's see.....a good hint.

Ok, a hint in this poem:


Red Shirt Blue Jean Girl

Red shirt blue jean girl
Ya know she told me
To be as reckless as I please
As she looked at me
I couldn't help but see
That she sold her mind
To that which is gold
And in her hands
She held a bird
From a south bound flock
As she sang quietly
About the loss of god
And gold and glory.
To me she leaned
Upon the fence.
And to me she crooned
WIth a heart's desire
Smuggled in a breath


Okay, the L has been sloved

IMG_2279

8 comments:

littlemikemack said...

I've "been there" during those type of emergency meetings. It seems in advertising, announcements of clients changing agencies happens at 450p on Friday afternoons....it's like someone drafts the announcement early in the day (or early in the week) and waits until just before 5pm on Friday before hitting send and running out the door ( completely serious ).

Regardless, prayers and thoughts are with you....things will be fine.

littlemikemack said...

Laughing....Levi Strauss

Just Google Imaged "Levi Strauss signature"

Dang....your right, that IS American.

littlemikemack said...

What's the "citizenship" connection ???....what am I missing ?

Kitty said...

I had a feeling that poem would do it :)

If you go to http://www.levistrauss.com, there is a citizenship area. In the bottom left corner, the image changes (after a moment) and you see part of the Levi signature.

littlemikemack said...

Heck, I was "all over" the United States Immigration site...and I thought...Greg helped you get your citizenship ?!?....that path I was on was a crooked one.

Kitty said...

laughs at "Greg helped you get your citizenship ?!?"

Too funny.

Greg scanned the label of my Levi's for me :)

littlemikemack said...

For the "Boss-Lover" in you

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Springsteen-Sessions-Band-Dublin/dp/B000P12LX8

littlemikemack said...

What's the latest re: your department ??

 Hello, I'm still here!