Thursday, June 07, 2007

Not very much going on. Things at work are still kind of up in the air. We know we are moving around July 1st, but we don't know where. Things are not very clear. I suspect we will know more in a few weeks. Until then we are in a holding pattern.

I will find out tomorrow if my photos have won or been accepted for display for the SD Fair. I had a horrible dream about that a week ago. I heard through the grapevine that they got over 10,000 photos this year. More than any other year. So I'm not excited at all. I'm fairly sure I will not make it in. Not doing so good on the contest front these days.

I do have some good news tho. The pumpkin seeds I planted a few months ago have grown and this morning when I looked it the vines, I have a sprout that will trun into a pumpkin! So that made me happy. I've always thought it would be fun to have a big pumpkin patch in my back yard and at Halloween I could have a pumpkin carving party and everyone could choose their pumpkin from my pumpkin patch. Who knows....maybe someday it will happen :)

Have a good weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

littlemikemack said...

Funny re: pumpkins. Whenever our little one, Ben goes with me to Lowe's we have to buy a packet of seeds....any kind of seeds. Ben picked up the "giant" pumpkin seeds...picture on the front of the package shows a kid about Ben's age with a pumpkin as tall as he is. Anyway, we planted them.....and damn if two those things are coming up nicely.

Anonymous said...

hey missy,
which pictures did you submit to the fair??

MsMarch

Kitty said...

Hey, MsMarch,

I found out last night my photos were not accepted. Even tho I had not had much hope for getting in, it still broke my heart when I checked and my name was missing from the accepted list. Rejection is hard.

I submitted http://www.flickr.com/photos/photokitten/416825012 and http://www.flickr.com/photos/photokitten/491317553/

 Hello, I'm still here!