Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Million Thanks

I wish I had seen this earlier. I was watching TV today and saw an commercial for "A Million Thanks". The basic idea is to send thank you cards to US military men and women. The orginization has been collecting cards since 2004. Had I known, I would have been sending cards to them often. It's just my kind of outlet to support the troops. The commercial I saw was for a special collection benifit for the month of May. You can drop off your thank you letter at any GMC, Pontiac, or Buick dealership until Memorial Day. They have special collection boxes just for the cards. I'm going to make mine today and drop them off at a dealership that's close to me.

Get involved. Tell everyone at work to make a card or buy one. Offer to gather them up and drop them off at the end of the week. Maybe put a collection box in the lunchroom at work so people can just drop it in and not have to find you. Have your kids tell their teacher about it and maybe have the whole class make cards as part of a homework assginement. It's short notice, but I think people will want to show their support.

Visit this website for more information: http://amillionthanks.org

:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I know that tom has gotten one of those cards and it made him so happy. So it's good to see that someone else is spreading the word, I know how much they really do appriciate it. =]

MsMarch

 Hello, I'm still here!