Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Buffy is all better and running like a dream. Actually, she always runs like a dream. Even when she was sick. The only way I know something is wrong with her is when I hear that little "ding" prompting me to notice something like her coolent light is on. It might seem like I've had a lot of problems with her...does it seem like that? I'm not really sure if I have or not. These days cars have all these newfangled things on them and it just makes for lots more things to break. But....you know....can't avoid technology. I think Buffy is a good car. And just about everything that has gone wrong has been covered under warranty. Including the water pump which is what this last problem was all about. She's a 2003, so....not bad so far? I'd say this is the first major repair she's had. Other stuff was sensors and crap like that.

My other car....er, truck, has been a great to own, too. I didn't name the truck. Let's name it now. How about....Luke! Yup, so Luke is a little Toyota pickup. Got him when he was a year old. He's a 1988. Next year he will be 20 years old! Wow. He's got 178 thousand miles. With the exception of one major problem, he has run very well. He's had all the usual things....needs a new battery, new tires....blah, blah, but every car needs that stuff. So for 19.5 years, he has really been a good to me. Greg drives him now. I got Luke after I started dating Greg, so he remembers what Luke was like back in his heyday. He was handsome. Still looks good.....just a little gray around the edges.

And, of course, there was my first VW. The white bug with the plaid seats. I wrote about that car and the seats in my old blog. That post talks about another post.....and you can read it here if you so desire.

Okay, enough of this riveting post about my history with cars.

I, by the way, am still sick. I'm pretty convinced it's laryngitis.

2 comments:

sheldon s said...

just saying as i realize harly anyone ever commenton blogger

littlemikemack said...

Good to see Buffy back on her feet...went to your old site....have to chuckle at:

"...as we leave the lot, I cry because the sales guy tells me the Toyota in my price range is a Corolla. I don't want a stinkin' Corolla!!" (that's a good slogan for Honda "I don't want a stinkin' Corolla!!")

My check engine light came on this morning....manual (the "owners manual"...not some generic Hispanic guy --- I digress), indicates it's something with the emission system.
Car trouble is no fun...unless it means a new car in the immediate future.

Get well soon to you

 Hello, I'm still here!