Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finally had to go to the emergency room last night. My ear ache was getting pretty bad and I had snot coming out of my eye. Yes, you read that correctly. I'll get to that in a minute.

It was a mad house at the emergency room! I have been to the ER a handful of times and mostly the wait has not been too bad. Last night....there was a line to check in! Ugh. So I sat and watched TV with the other 100 people in the waiting room or an hour and then got called in. Then I sat for an 1.5 hours waiting to see a doctor. He finally saw me and told me I have:

Laryngitis (I already figured that's what I had)
An ear infection
A bacterial eye infection

So I have ear drops, eye drops and penicillin.

Ok, snot coming out of my eye. I really did seem like snot. And a lot of it. Never ending. It was this yellowish greenish mucus and it was as disgusting as it sounds. That started yesterday. I had no idea what I had done to myself when that started flowing. Thankfully it wasn't really snot. I'm only mad at myself for not getting a photo of it. After I started my eye drops, the snot is pretty much gone and now it's just puffy and really red. I could have grossed Laura out with that photo over and over. Oh well.

So during the 1.5 hours waiting in my little "room" in the ER (just closed off by curtains), I could see a man walking around with a little boy in his arms. The boy was only in a diaper and had to be around 2 years old. The father was singing to him very softly and stroking his hair to comfort him. It was touching. A while later, it was time for the doctor to look at the little boy. Oh man.....the boy just started crying and crying at whatever they were doing to him. Between the sobs, I could hear "da da....daa daaaa!". I totally lost it and my eyes watered up for that little boy. I felt so bad for him. And that poor father....must have been hell for him.

I just got to thinking about what parents do for their kids. I'm sure my Mom and Dad held me like that when I was a baby when I was sick. But I just never thought about it.

That's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blech!

L

littlemikemack said...

Could have sworn I commented on "snot coming our of your eye"...perhaps not...anyway, hope your feeling better

 Hello, I'm still here!