Monday, March 26, 2007

Today it's cool and overcast. My perfect day. It looks like it could almost rain, tho it isn't in the forcast.

This reminds me of a ritual I had when it rained. This was long ago....like when I was 13 or 14.

My Mom had, well, still has, a cement laundry tub in the garage that was pretty deep and wide. When it rained and was really cold, I'd find a rock and put it in the bottom of the sink and let hot water trickle out and hit the rock causing the hot water to splater all over the inside of the sink. I'd put my hands and arms in the sink so they would get little splatters of hot water....man, I'd get goosebumps and chills! I don't know what it is about that, but I will always remember doing it. I just loved that chilling experience. The reverse of that did the same thing. I'd put the garge door up and let the cold rain sprinkle on my bare feet. It's the hot vs. cold is what I like. Hot water, cold hands......warm feet, cold rain. I need to do that again the next time it rains.

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!