Friday, March 23, 2007

Teenagers!

Abby in going thru her teenager stage. Oh joy.

Nothing I do is right. I try to feed her something and she turns her nose up at it. I can almost hear her saying. "Yuck! I don't eat that!". I pick her up to kiss her and she squirms and wants me to put her down. I can remember back when she was a baby and she'd lay across my neck and sleep while I watched TV. Now it's not cool to bond with the parents. Or parent, I should say. She's just as lovey dovey with Greg as she always has been. But with me....little miss attitude with her back turned and arms crossed.

*sighs*

Enough of that.

---

Awhile ago I reported that I have the new Cricut paper cutter. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Time would tell and the verdict is in. I LOVE it! Love, lOvE, LoVe it! Pretty happy Greg convinced me to order it. I have been thinking up new cards to make with it everyday. So cool. It was expensive and the font cartridges for it are expensive, but I'm still happy. So far I have 3 cartridges (two came with it) and that's plenty. There are other ones I want, but I can ask for those for my birthday and Christmas.

Want to see what't I've been making with it?

Thought you'd never ask.

Here are the cards I've made so far for that card contest.

All my cards so far

This one is creative use of a background stamp. All the layers are stamped with the same background stamp, but with different methods. The card (bottom layer) is stamped with a watermark ink, the vellum sheet is stamped and embossed with rainbow glitter powder, the white layer is stamped with regular pink ink, and the top layer is stamped with clear ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. Flower and ribbon added for interest. Not the most spectacular card, but you have to remember the category is creative use of a background stamp, so I think I've done that in this case.
Pink Card

This one is creative use of a sentiment stamp....."sweet dreams grow in my garden". Again, not spectacular, but it fits the bill. Black card with natural color paper. Sunflowr image stamped first in orange and yellows and then the second image stamped on top with black ink and embossed (that's why it's shiney). Stamped sentiment and added back ribbon.
Sunflower Card


This one is creative use of a foam stamp. The big lady bugs on left were made with a foam stamp. Man, pain in the butt! The foam stamps will not take ink very well, so I used paint. Course, then they get slippery and the paint does not leave a finely stamped edge. But whatever, I made six of these cards and finally stopped trying to make them turn out perfect. The nature of the foam stamp does not allow for perfection and they know that. I cut lady bug paper, added a velum sheet over that and added the ribbons. NOW.....now is where it got fun! The word "thanks" is cut with my Cricut machine! Weee!! I cut the word out of two different colors of red paper and them made like a shadow effect and glued them together. Isn't that cool? It's my favorite part of the card!!
Lady Bug Card

So that's my one and only project that I have a picture of using the paper cutter. Since the contest is mostly about stamping, the use of the cutter does not come into play very much. But my everyday cards get the paper cutter treatment :)

Ok, enough of this, too. I'm sure most of you stopped reading when you got to the thrilling description of the sunflower card anyway! Happy weekend to those of you who finished reading this! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look great! Glad you stuck with the cards.

Love, Bob

Anonymous said...

my favorite is the thanks card. i'd buy it. =]

MsMarch

 Hello, I'm still here!