Tuesday, October 17, 2006

RED

I watched an episode of Oprah last night that really touced me. She has been doing a lot of work in Africa and some of her shows are about what she has done to make life better for the people there and to make us aware of the problems they face. Most of those shows are hard to watch. It's heartbreaking really. In the year 2006, people are starving and have no where to go to get medical treatment. That's pretty sad.

So the episode I watched last night was about a new program called (PROJECT) RED. It was created by Bono and Bobby Shriver to empower us to shop and do good at the same time. A portion of profits (50%) from the sale of (RED) branded products goes to The Global Fund to help women and children affected by HIV, tuberculosis and malaria in Africa. Also providing access to food, education, counseling and the much needed medical services.

I know it's kind of hard to understand if you didn't see the show, but I think this will be catching on like wildfire. If you go to the GAP, you will see the t-shirts. The Apple Store has a new iPod that is just for this. You can see all of it at (RED) website.

Buy RED.

And check out the (RED) timeline at the bottom of that page....to see what they have been doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...my lovely wife is all about the red too after seeing Oprah/Bono...cool idea that I hope helps the situation...(nice new pic "peace sign lady")

take care

 Hello, I'm still here!