Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cooking

I've always liked cooking. And I like to be creative so I tend to try different things. This isn't always a good idea. A recipe might sound really interesting and yummy, but they don't always don't always turn out that way. I don't think test kitchens do a lot of testing.....or if they do, I'm doing something wrong a lot of the time. Uinque recipes just don't seem to be a hit like I think they will be. I should stick with the old faithful recipes.

I'm saying all this because my Mom asked me to make the turkey for Thanksgiving this year. I was amazed she asked me to do it. Usually I get to bring corn or green beans or something like that. But this year I am making the turkey, the stuffing and two pies! Goodness....my mind is going wild with all the options.

But I have to remember that this would not be a good time to go with a bunch of new recipes. Old faithfuls. Go with that.

Except I saw a recipe for maple-glazed turkey!

I really want to make that. But what if it's horrible? I will never be asked to make the turkey again. Everyone will remember the turkey that tasted like turkey breakfast sausage and I'll once again be corn and green beans girl.

*sighs*

Then there is the stuffing. I really have to go old faithful with that. Can't mess with the stuffing....uh....right? No one will want chestnut and apple stuffing?

And let's not forget the pies. Oh boy....this is where things get really tough. I want to make beautiful pies and taste divine. But I have don't have a good track record with pies because of the unique factor. The really interesting sounding ones always turn out to be....well....not very interesting. Sometimes even bad. So the pies have have to come from the old faithful file. Or maybe I could make 3 pies? Two old faithfuls and one interesting?

No, no....old faithfuls. That's best. Go with that. Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: "No, no....old faithfuls. That's best. Go with that. Right?"

NO !

Look in the mirror, would a "juicy it girl" bring just the old faithfuls ?!?...I think not.

Make 2 birds, one "old school" the other with the mighty tasty-sounding maple glaze...make 3 pies, two "old fart" pies and one "speciality pie".

Even though it requires extra work, you know your gonna do it...because your a "juicy it girl".....lol

Anonymous said...

haha. i agree with mike here. you KNOW youre going to make three pies and two turkeys... =]

MsMarch

Anonymous said...

...gives MsMarch the "knowing nod"

 Hello, I'm still here!