Thursday, October 05, 2006

1986 vs. 2006

High waist jeans were in style....now those are considered "Mom jeans".

Guys who listened to Tears For Fears and wore pink Izod polo shirts were not instantly thought of as being gay.

A VCR was all the rage and expensive. Now people sell them for $20 at garage sales.

Back in 1986, you could only buy Guess jeans at Bullocks or the Guess store in Beverly Hills.

Big puffy permed hair drenced in Paul Mitchell hair products was the only way to go back then.

Girls smelled of Poision (perfume) and guys smelled of Drakkar. Both of which can be found in discount bins now.

"Dynasty" was a dynasty.

MTV was just that....music television.

Cell phones? They were the size of bricks.

Movie ticktes were $5 bucks.

In 1986, leg warmers were not just worn by ballerinas....unfortunately.

Miami Vice and Magnum PI were were hit TV shows and made the girls swoon.

Michael Jackson wasn't a weirdo.....or if he was, we didn't know yet.

Those are the only ones I can think of.....add yours in the comments :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about all the slang of the 80's like gag me with a spoon,
radical, totally, no way, Dude, chill out, fer sure, gnarly, like oh my God, dork, barf me out, way cool.. Any more?

Anonymous said...

...kinda obvious, but hell I was twenty years younger !

Anonymous said...

also....I used to sport a pink oxford Polo...took it to the cleaners, insisted on HEAVY starch...spending my parents money...thinking the "Pulse" machine (ATM) provided unlimited funds...I miss those days so !!

 Hello, I'm still here!