Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Please be seated, this court is now in session

I've been on Jury duty since Friday. I'm not actually on a jury, but I am in the pool of perspective jurors. So that means every time they excuse someone for whatever reason, they call a random perspective juror into the jury box and you are questioned about every little thing you do. It's like sitting on pins and needles just watching and waiting...you can just tell when someone is going to be excused and you know your name could be up next. I had said I would be happy to be out of work on a 1-2 week case....it would be a nice break. But this trial is 5 weeks! Ugh. That is too long. I don't want to be called.

Yesterday was horrible. I went to the trolly station at 8am. I had to be at the court house at 9am. Plenty of time. So I'm waiting.....and waiting.....and more waiting.....and the trolly to downtown never comes. It's getting late now. Crap! I run to my car and drive down to another main trolly station, but there is no way I will be there by 9am. I called the court room number they gave us and told them what was going on and told the woman to tell the judge "I'm soooo sorry!". On Friday he went on and on about how we had to be there on time and if we were late they had to all sit and wait for us.....so don't be late, blah, blah, blah. Goodness, I was so stressed out about this. I actually cried in my car on the way to the second trolly station. I was just sure the judge would yell at me. I got there at 9:12am and walked up and they were all outside the court room, which was good. I had visions of having to walk into the room and have everyone looking at me. So I slinked up trying to be casual like I had been there the whole time. The the woman came out and called a few names....mine being one of them, so I had to say "here" and the kitten was out of the big on who the late ones were. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one. The rest of the day went okay, but that trolly business really sucked. I am going to lave an hour and a half early today....if I'm late twice, they might fine me!

I will post more when I get time. Gotta get ready to head to the trolly!

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!