Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Impossible? 🤔

The other night I tried the Impossible Burger at Burger King. I've seen reviews of it and they were positive and I've seen the commercials that are convincing. Before I go any further, I have to reveal that I have not eaten at BK in at last 30 years. Some 30 years ago, I had eaten there and I just did not care for the taste of their burger patty. I never went back. Until now. I also have to give a spoiler here, I'm cutting out red meat from my diet in starting 1/1/2020. I hardly ever eat red meat anyway so it won't be a big deal. This is also why I was interested in the Impossible Burger because if I did want a burger, I could have an Impossible Burger. Alright, so to the review. Well, it wasn't like the commercials. Not even a little. I wasn't expecting a burger as beautiful as the ones on the commercials, but this was nothing like those. It wasn't sizzling or flame broiled or even warm. The patty was dry....not at all juicy like the commercials. The cheese was not melted. It has to be hot to melt cheese...or at least a little warm! So either the location where I had my burger had an Impossible Burger sitting around in the back that they made 2 hours earlier and gave me that one, or they do not prepare it like they do the beef burgers, which is the way their videos show it being prepared (flame broiled). I was disappointed. I might try one at a different location. But that's something else. Is Burger King in trouble? There are only 2 BK's in my area which I thought was strange. So if the 2nd location also serves less than stellar Impossible Burger's, I don't have other options. Unless of course, I go to another chain that has burgers with meatless patties. So is it impossible? Is it worth trying? I have to say no based on my experience. I'll post an update if I try another one and have better results.

Leave me a comment and let me know if you have tried the Impossible Burger and how it was. If you have not tried it, let me know what your favorite burger joint is!








Until next time, remember the words of Edmund Burke: 
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing"

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!