Saturday, May 09, 2009

Color Inspiration Challenge #51



Here is my card for Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge.

The colors of the bear are not showing up very well. Even in the close up it's hard to see that I used a colored pencil to "shade" him in. It turned out pretty good considering I was a little hesitant about those colors. I think he's cute :)

The ribbon is actually bias tape....I have no idea how old it is. When I go to estate sales I always buy the sewing stuff if I think it will work for my projects. The packaging for this mustard colored bias tape is very old, it's made in USA (everything these days seems to be made in China) and 5 yards of it was only .25 cents.
I paid much less than .25 cents for what was left in the package. For $1 I got a big zip lock bag full of all different colors of bias tape as well as some lace and some satin ribbon. So keep your eye out for the sewing stuff at sales! You can score some really cool stuff.

Hope you like the card :)

6 comments:

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

I love that you used biased tape ... crafting on a bargooon is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Awww! This is so sweet! I love how you did his little bow and paws in the mustard color. I love this card!

Dotty said...

Cute card. I love that bear stamp and you would never know that the bow could be an antique.:) I don't remember when bias tape was only 25cents.

Linda said...

Thanks for the tip for crafting bargains. The bear is so cute. Were is he from? I love your card.

Anonymous said...

so cute Aime I would pick this for the rond up!

Randee E said...

This is so simple and sweet! The color combo works great with this card!.

 Hello, I'm still here!