Monday, October 01, 2007

Chillin' in Mt. Laguna

Laura and I went camping this weekend in Mt. Laguna. I say camping, but you can't really call it camping because we stayed in a cabin. It was a lot of fun. We left Friday and got to the cabin at about 3pm. The cabins were cira 1970's and were nothing fancy but it was comfortable, clean and had a full bathroom....which was the best part, I think. The weather was perfect. Not hot at all. It was pretty cold Saturday morning when we got up at 6am to go see the sunrise, but it didn't stay that way the whole day. That morning the wind was blowing hard. I was trying to hold my camera still, but the wind was just to strong. Gloves would have been nice. My fingers started to hurt because it was sooo cold. Friday we drove to Julian and had dinner. On the way there...or maybe it was on the way back....I can't remember, we turned off onto this little road and came upon a man dressed in head to toe orange....bright orange, like a road cone. There was some kind of vehicle from the fire deparment there so we assumed he was with them. When we drove past him, he just looked at us with a very blank expression. It was kind of odd. Then we stopped and Laura noticed a man off in the distance standing on the side of the cliff. He was just standing there looking over at us, too. It was weird. I don't know what was going on, but it had that bizarre David Lynch feel to it, so we left quickly. On the way back to the main road, we passed a police car going back that way, so something was definitely happening. I guess we will never know. We hiked on Saturday morning for about 1.5 hours and then went back to the cabin and took a naps :) Laura was a really good sport and drove me all over the place taking pictures. When I got home and downloaded them, there was a total of 348 photos. All in all, it was a good time and I got to spend some quality time with my friend and I got a lot of good photos. Click below to check out the few I posted.

photos

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

Your sure that wasn't an escaped con in all orange???

...regardless, go with that story...it'll make your weekend camping trip seem even more spectacular...(if that's even possible...man I got some smart ass in me today)

 Hello, I'm still here!