Wednesday, April 25, 2007

County Fair

I've entered two photos into the Photographic Art exhibit for the San Diego Fair (Del Mar Fair to some). I considered what to enter for a long time. One person said the photo of Laura and I holding hands might do well in an exposition because of it's uniqueness. I agreed with that. It is unique and for that reason, it stands out. Technically, it has some issues, but they are subtle. So we'll see.

When I told people that was the photo I was entering, I got that...."Hummm" look which translates to, "It's nice, but I'd enter something else". I'd ask them what they like better, and in every case, everyone liked this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photokitten/390185953

There is no way in creation this photo would make it. It's technically flawed in many ways. The most glaring problem is the shadow on the saucer. I should have had a key light facing the cup to offset the shadow, but I was just in my kitchen taking pictures and I didn't bother with any of that. That's just one of the problems with it. I could have done a reshoot....it would be easy enough, but I'm lazy and never got around to it.

So exception of with the initial suggestion to enter the one of Laura and I, I'm not entering any of the photos people suggested. I'm sending in what I think might do well. I'll find out around June 8th if I placed in any of the categories. Here are the photos I entered. Wish me luck!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photokitten/416825012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photokitten/370172608

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photokitten/199557481/

I like this one. You have several excellent photos. You have to just imagine your audience.

Bob

littlemikemack said...

..your in luck, I had just ONE more "Genie wish"...

...." Dear Genie, please offer
best wishes and all around "good luck" as Mrs. Kitten enter her photos in the San Diego Fair (Del Mar Fair to some, let's not get confused as some Genies are likely to do)"

Kitty said...

Bob, *everyone* likes that photo. She looked so funny sitting there like that. I think it's #3 in my top viewed photos.

Mike, you had me laughing with the "Dear Genie" thing and the part about "Del Mar Fair to some". You're right, don't want the Genie confused on these things :)

 Hello, I'm still here!