Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Report

My weekend was mostly spent in bed. I'm sick with a bad cold :(

I did watch the first part of the Super Bowl, but then after the half time show, I went to bed. How perfect was it that Prince got to sing Purple Rain in the rain? I thought it was a good show considering the opening show. That was kinda boring with all the Cirque du Soleil stuff. Maybe it was better in person where you could see it all and not just parts of it like us at home.

And then there was the National Anthem.

*wrinkles brow in confusion*

What was that? I mean, it didn't even sound like Billy Joel! It was pretty bad....maybe the worst I've seen. And if you know me at all, you know that is my favorite part of the event. Oh well. The Chargers were not playing so it sucked anyway.

I will leave you all with this.....the National Anthem sung by The Grateful Dead. Trust me....it's good and they sound way more alive than Billy did.

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

I too thought Billy Joel was awful...game was good until the bitter end....all the turnovers...the opening kickoff returned for a touchdown....too bad you were under the weather...get well soon and all that crap :)

 Hello, I'm still here!