Thursday, November 02, 2006

Stuff

Greg and I went to an outlet mall last weekend and I finally got a peacoat....it's charcoal gray wool and fits great. I have been wanting one for years. For one reason or another I never got one. Most of the time they were really expensive and didn't fit well thru the shoulders. But this one fits good and is really cute. Just waiting for a cold day now. It's been in the low 60's in the morning, but by lunch it's too warm to wear it. So I am waiting....

---

Martha Stewart has a cool site to print pictures and make them into cards. I like the idea and she has nice simple patterns and colors. Not too busy and over done. Check it out if you were thinking of sending out holiday cards this year.

If for some reason the link above does not work, go to www.marthastewart.com and click on the Kodak Easy Share Gallery at the bottom of the page.

---

In other news, we didn't have many trick or treaters on Halloween....maybe 20? But someone I work with had over 200 kids and went thru 10 bags of candy! I am just amazed at that. She says it's like that every year in her area so they know to buy lots of candy and plan on sitting by the door most of the night.

I remember when I was a kid....the streets were packed with kids and my Mom sat on the porch with a bowl of candy. I thought those days were gone, but it seems it depends on the area you live in.

I'll leave you with a photo of Abby in her Halloween sweater :)

Abby's Halloween costume

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...we too had in excess of 200 kids on Halloween...chuckle at the "cat-o-lantern"...lastly, what the heck is a "peacoat" ??...I have to look that one up...I thought for sure that was a typo..."peacoat"..hmmm

take care

Kitty said...

Mike, here is what Webster's says:
peacoat: a heavy woolen double-breasted jacket originally worn by sailors

I'll have to post a picture of it :)

Anonymous said...

i remember when i was younger, i used to perfer staying at home an handing out candy to the little kids cause they were so cute... but as i got older, they stopped coming as often. i chalked it up to living on a hill... =[

MsMarch

 Hello, I'm still here!