Friday, November 18, 2011

Untraditional Shabby Chic

I got this idea in a dream! I often conjure things up while I'm asleep. I guess card making must be on my mind a lot. I really like how the card turned out. The ribbon is something I've had for at least a year. I wasn't sure how I'd use it but I knew one day it would be the perfect thing for a project and this was it. The snowflake is my favorite part. I used my Cricut to cut it and and then I covered it with diamond stickles. When it was mostly dry, I flocked it! The flock didn't stick all over and that's the shabby part of it. In the close up photo, it almost looks as if it's half melted. The woodgrain background just seemed to be the perfect thing for the shabby chic theme. It's untraditional and frilly...perfect for the girl who'd have a pink Christmas tree :)






Supplies used:
Stamps: Imaginise "Merry & Bright", Hero Arts "Designer Woodgrain"
Snowflake: Christmas/Noel Cricut cartridge
Paper: Neenah white card stock, Recollections pink & blue card stock, Basic Grey "Eskimo Kisses"
Ink: VersaMark, Tsukineko Dew Drop "Sea Breeze"
Embossing powder: Martha Stewart Dove and Crystal Clear
Ribbon: Michael's $1 bin
Diamond Stickles
Doodle Bug white flock
K&Company pearl
Signo Broad while gel pen
Various buttons I had on hand

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!