Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Random Memories

I've been having a lot of random memories lately. Here are a few.

The last year I was in elementary school we got to go home at noon on Thursday's. Or maybe it was Wednesday's? I forget. Anyway, I remember going home and being alone so I heated up a can of bean soup to eat on these half days. I don't remember making a sandwich, but it would seem like I must have had something with the soup. But walking home and heating up the soup is the part I remember.

I also remember being about 19...not exactly sure of my age, and I painted ceramics. This seems to be what I did most of the time. Painting ceramics of all kinds. Mostly I remember painting a ceramic house with Christmas lights and I gave it to my Mom for Christmas. I think she still has it.

When I was 15 my hair was just past my shoulders. I'd pull it up into a side ponytail and use a curling iron to create one long curl. I was always so impressed with it because it was perfectly smooth and I thought it looked great. However, I never managed to get a comment from my Mom on it. Either she didn't like it or she didn't care. So that's kinda sad, but I was happy with it so it must not have mattered what her opinion was. I honestly don't remember soliciting her opinion on my hair or clothes very much. I still don't.

In 6th grade I was kick-ass at tetherball. And I know I was because I played with a girl that was a good 3 inches taller than me and it was hard to get it over her head. But I beat her frequently and as far as I can remember, she was my only real competition.

That's it on memory lane :)

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!