Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mac N' Cheese

The truth is, every time I make it....it's not very good. I mean homemade, not out of the box. If you can't make it out of a box, then you might just consider eating out.

Greg, on the other hand, can make mac n' cheese and it's always good! And his is a very simple recipe. No fancy roux or tempering eggs. Just noodles, milk, cheddar cheese, salt & pepper. We always end up going back to his recipe.

But then I come across recipes like this and think maybe this will be the one that redeems me. I mean, it does look good and she makes it all sound so good, but so did the others. Very tempted to try it....

3 comments:

Laura said...

i tried one recipie i found online once. it had like 6 different kinds of cheese, i put some jalepenos in 1/2 and the half with the jalepenos was DELICIOUS, but the other part was only so-so...

Kitty said...

Yeah, this is getting to exactly the other part of this whole mac n ' cheese thing. They always call for a bunch of cheese so you think it has to be good....and then it's just so-so. And you've spent $15 on just the cheese!

The jalepenos are a good idea. Oh! I just started to wonder what would happen if I made it with mostly pepper jack? Humm. Maybe we should collaborate on a mac n' cheese recipe! :)

littlemikemack said...

...never been a fan of any mac n' cheese. Whether it's homemade and certainly not from a box. Ben however will eat it like he'll never eat again.

 Hello, I'm still here!