Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year Card

One of my resolutions is to document things better. I make cards for many occasions and I rarely make one for myself to keep. Starting with the first card of the year, I am going to start photographing each card so I can look back at what I've done. This is my New Years card.





You may recall a post I did last year saying I had ordered a stamp and it never came so they had to send me another one...blah, blah....well, this stamp of the girl with the cocktail is the stamp! I saw it and just had to have it for a new years card. I don't usually boast about my work, but I really like how this one turned out. I was going for a retro feel with the background patterned paper and the offset placement of the teal and white paper...and of course her retro hair :) The string of beads, cocktail sign, asterisks and "happy new year" stamps are all parts of another stamp set I bought to go with my cocktail girl. Don't they look great together? Sometimes things just work out perfectly. It's a good way to start off the year.

Next is Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's adorable!

L

littlemikemack said...

cool beans

 Hello, I'm still here!