Sunday, November 29, 2009

Creative Sleeper

I've noticed that when I sleep or just rest, my creative mind comes alive. As I drift to sleep, images and ideas come to me....really good ones for all kinds of things....cards, photos I should take, recipes. Sometimes I will wake up and go right to my craft desk and jot down some notes, but more often than not, I just roll over and tell myself to remember that idea. Well, that never happens. I usually have some kind of vague recollection of things, but the details are not there so I miss out on the idea :-/

This also happens with ideas for stories. I like to write as a hobby and my best ideas come from dreams I've had. I can usually remember those when I wake up, but if I don't make notes right away, I will forget the dream in a day or so. I think if I were a writer, brainstorming would require a lot of napping. And I dream every time I sleep so I would not be lacking material. This has now become my dream job....get it....dream job? Laughs!

If I just didn't have this pesky day job that requires me to get a good nights sleep, I could get up in the middle of the night and write or craft and not have to worry about getting up at 5:45am. But you know....need that pesky paycheck to pay the pesky mortgage and feed our 4 pesky varments....one of which just jumped on my desk and is chewing on my colored pencils!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i bet i can guess which one of those four pesky varments is eating your pencils. =]

msmarch

 Hello, I'm still here!