Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm not allergic to gluten, but I found the recipe below and it peaked my interest. The creator of the recipe claims that unless you know it has no regular flour in it, you will never be able to tell the difference. I'm curious. And considering I am trying to bake more, I might have to make them.

Course, they are not very healthy with the butter, sugars and peanut butter. I guess I could bake them, we could eat one....or two if they are as good as they are said to be, then send the rest to work with Greg. Course, I'd have to make sure they actually made their way to his work and did not get stashed in his car for snacking. He's a little snacker. I can just see him around 10pm when he gets a little peckish....tip-toeing his way out to his car and digging around for cookies.....only to turn around with crumbs on this lips and peanut butter on his breath and seeing me standing at the door. So maybe I better look for a low fat cookie instead....

Perfect Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup salted natural peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup potato flour

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and egg until smooth.
3. Stir in the peanut butter.
4. Combine the baking soda, corn flour, tapioca flour, and potato flour; stir into the batter to form a dough.
5. Roll the dough into teaspoon sized balls and place them 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
7. Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!