Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sweet Dreams

I need a new mattress. When we got our pillow top mattress years ago, I thought it was heaven. It was sooo comfortable. But, unlike wine, a mattress does not improve with age.

So I'm looking at the Tempur-Pedic mattresses online. I have a Tempur-Pedic pillow and love it, so I'm thinking the mattresses will be pretty nice. They have a range of mattresses available. The first one is called "The Grand matress". Hey, that sounds good to me. Well.....it better be good for $6000 bucks! Next, the BellaSonna....$5000. Then, the Celebrity. This one has the has pillow top action goin' on. It's less than I thought it would be....only $3500. So now I just skip right to the end of the line because I need new tires, too, so $3000+ ain't gonna happen. I click on the "Original" bed. The name isn't really grabbing me like BellaSonna or Celebrity, but you know....$$ matter. So I figure I'll be lookin' at about $1000 bucks or so. Not quite. The ordinary ole "Original" bed is $2000.

Sheesh.

I know money isn't supposed to bring you happiness, but one thing is for sure, it can provide you with a more comfortable bed.

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

Man o man we got a new matress on a whim about a year ago...saw a mattress store delivery truck across the street at one of our neighbors....we said "let's go look at getting a new mattress". So we went to the store right then and 30 minutes later we had bought a new one....no idea what brand or type we got ( it's not a Tempur-Pedic )...it was ok for a few months...but now it's a real piece of crappola.

Moral of the story...never buy a mattress on a whim.

 Hello, I'm still here!