Tuesday, July 18, 2006

talk talk slurp talk talk talk talk talk slurp talk talk talk talk slurp talk yip yip yip yip slurp

Now who do you suppose deserves a blog tile like that?

My cube neighbor, that's who.

Yup, I'm in my cube now. Been in here since last Wednesday. I'm getting used to things for the most part, but one thing I cannot get used to is my cube neighbor and all her phone calls. In one day she will make/receive at lease a doezen phone calls. And none of them are business. Now I don't mean to sound like some perfect employee who never makes/receives phone calls, but I don't get anywhere close to what she does. And she is loud. It might be more tolerable if she would try to keep her voice down, but she talks at full volume. Soooo annoying.

Then there is the slurping. That's right....slupring. I'm not sure what it is, but she eats some kind of candy that is big (like ice cube size) and whatever it is really gets the juices flowing. So there is this constant slurping going on. After about an hour she crunches it up and unwraps another one ~ I think it might be a jawbreaker. This alone is going to drive me mad. I'm just hoping once her supply of candy is gone, she will not buy more. If she does, one of two things needs to happen: 1, the bag needs to mysteriously vanish, or 2, she needs to give me one so I can't hear her slurping over my own slurping!

Lord, I promise to be a good girl. Please don't let her buy another bag....

2 comments:

littlemikemack said...

I'm in a buidling with about 250 people, only two "real offices" in the place, both belong to HR. Bottomline, Sirius radio has been the best thing to come along since....since...well since an office with a door.

Without being discrimantory against "the elderly" or "the man/being upstairs"...Sirius effectively cancels the church hymns that the 60 year old woman a few cubes away insists on singing. (Sounds like a wounded dog, she does)

Good luck with the jawbreakers

Kitty said...

Mike, I have actually been listening to the free podcats on my iTunes. It helps. Even tho I can still hear her, I am distracted enough that it I don't notice her.

 Hello, I'm still here!