Sunday, October 23, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge - Day 22

Today is something I made day.

For our anniversary I made Greg this card. If you're following me on Twitter you know that all the cards I'm making this year are owl cards. I had to come up with something unique and special. I cut the owls/branches out using my Cricut. I cut the tree trunk by hand. The owls are not actually supposed to be silhouette style but I used the shadow feature which cuts a solid image and is usually used as a base but it worked out well for a silhouette. I wrapped the owls with red thread and then twisted it between then and formed a heart. I thought this was going to be hard to do, but it was actually very easy. The sky was done on white card stock by sponging blue and gray inks and same for the moon in yellow and orange. I used a white gel pen to make stars. There's a line right across the middle of the photo and I'm not sure what it's from. Maybe from the reflection on the table. On the inside it says "owl love you forever" :)



Self-portrait ***** What I wore today
Something green ***** Someone I love
Something new ***** Technology
Something I made ***** Something fun
Fruit ***** From a distance
Flowers ***** My shoes
What I ate ***** In my bag
Pretty pattern ***** Trees
Breakfast ***** Clouds
Sunflare ***** Bokeh
Something orange ***** In motion
Long exposure ***** Purchased
Animal ***** Black and white
From a low angle ***** From a high angle
After dark ***** Close-up

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!