Thursday, May 28, 2009

stuff

I find out Saturday what will happen with my photos I submitted for the fair. Kinda excited but kinda apprehensive, too. I just hope at last one of them gets in. I'm not even thinking about winning anything, I just want one of them to at least be displayed. I'm trying not to think about it very much....trying.

--

Anyone watch Jon & Kate + 8?

I watch and when last season ended I wondered if there would be a new season because Jon expressed that he was ready to end the show because it was taking over their lives. Kate, on the other hand, was really starting to enjoy it. No big surprise that they didn't see eye to eye on it....they never seem to see eye to eye on things.

I honestly think the reason people watch the show, including me, is because of the Jon & Kate dynamic. I watch the show and think to myself that it really is a crazy life. On top of it, they have this dysfunctional relationship. It's well known to those who watch that Kate is a control freak, has a temper, and isn't very kind to Jon. He let's her verbally abuse him. If it were him saying the things she says, people would be outraged and call it verbal spousal abuse and tell her to get out of there. But for some reason when it is a woman doing it to a man, there is less outrage. Weird.

So he was caught with another woman. He says they are just friends, but I don't buy that.

Jon & Kate got married when he was 22 and he had no idea who he was or what he wanted in life. They had all these kids and in the midst of all that, he was growing up, too. When you are 22, you really should not get married in my opinion. She was 25, also young, but not 22. He is 32 now and has a much better idea of who he is individually. This is obvious since he didn't want to continue the show. He wanted to start living life in a way that would let him be more of himself and not just "Jon & Kate + 8".

Kate says he has changed and he isn't the same person anymore. Uh....duh! Of course he has changed. So has she! I recall videos of them before they were married and when you see her, it's like it isn't Kate. She seemed much different. So it's fair to say they have both changed. She also said that he's made his decisions....regarding the affair. It's very true, he did make the decision to do it. However, if I were him, I can't say I would not have been tempted away from her, too. The woman is not very nice. It has to be incredibly hard to live day after day with someone who scolds you publicly and talks down to you daily. I'm not condoning his actions, I'm just saying I can see how it would happen. He married her and took vows with her for better or worse, but it was a bad idea from the beginning.

They do have really adorable kids....mostly. One of them I just can't stand, but the other 7 are pretty cute. So that is one good thing that did come out of their union. I would hope they could work things out, but I do not see it happening. I think he finally has drawn the line with her. As for Kate, I think if she is able to shoulder some of responsibility for what has happened, that might help. But I can't see her doing that. It was obvious from the season premier that they can't even look at each other. Time will tell I suppose.

---

Etsy

I have been thinking about opening an Etsy card store. I was thinking November, but now I am thinking October 1st. I got some Halloween stuff over the weekend. Cute stuff. Would make cute cards. But I am still on the fence about it. I don't know why I can't just jump in and go for it....that's just not something I'm good at. I have to think about things....a lot. I guess I will know in September. That's why you see all these card challenges.....I have to build up my stock and I am horrible about just sitting down and making a card for no real reason. These challenges get me going and I make about 4 cards a month from them, so that will help with having stuff to sell if/when the time comes to open my "store". Otherwise, I have a pretty good stockpile of cards to give out for a while :)

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

I catch bits and pieces of Jon & Kate....did watch most of the season premiere the other day.

It made both Nancy and myself terribly sad....just awful.

Like you said, we'll see where it goes...peace

 Hello, I'm still here!