Thursday, May 21, 2009

Be a rainbow in someone's clouds

Tuesday night I crossed something else off my 101 things to do before I die list.

I saw Maya Angelou speak.

She was greeted by a standing ovation. She started out singing “When it looked like the sun wasn’t going to shine anymore, God put a rainbow in the clouds”. Rainbows in the clouds was the focus of her talk. It was moving. I'm so glad I went. It was so worth the drive. And thanks to Laura for letting me know she was touring.

If you find out she is in your area, go see her. She is wise. She is funny. She is a gift to listen to.

“It’s given to us to live but once. The noblest cause in the world is the liberation of the human mind. Know that you all have the privilege of becoming a rainbow in the clouds" ~ Maya Angelou

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!