Site Meter

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 7



Here is my card for Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge.

I've had this Laura Ashley stamp for years and I go back to it again and again. It can be used for so may occasions and the color combos are limitless. I like this one, but my favorite for this stamp is dark green and purple ~ really pretty. I also don't usually put a ribbon or embellishments on it, but for the challenge I decided I better glam it up :) I used a square of vellum to stamp the sentiment on so the raspberry color of the ink would not distort and look muddy stamped on green paper. I used raspberry embroidery floss wrapped around the top and bottom. Hope you like it!

9 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

very nice!

travelingmama said...

This is so sweet! Love the simplicity!

sarahmartina said...

Love it! Very original!

Winter said...

Very sweet card! Great job!

Susan said...

That IS a great stamp - your card is very pretty

KatieTurtle said...

Love the stamp! did you hand color it? Very fun card.

Sue Lelli said...

Really simple yet ptetty. I like how you tied the string with the tiny flowers.

Amy said...

What a lovely card! I really like how you highlighted key words with the raspberry ink.

~kelly marie~ said...

I love the way you highlighted the words and the flowers on the top and bottom. So pretty!