Friday, May 01, 2009

Color Inspiration Challenge #50

I'm entering Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge.

I made most of this card with help from my Cricut. The cartridge I used is called "Life's a Beach". I thought this "cocktail" would be perfect to use for the colors in the challenge. Everything was a bit flat so I added glitter from Martha Stewart's 24 pack of glitters. There is every color glitter in there. See the brown glitter I used? It's beautiful stuff. I also used a sheet of this yellow fibery "paper" that I frayed at the edges. Since it's pretty sheer, I put a yellow piece of card stock behind it because the red took too much away from the yellow color of it. I popped that up with foam dots. I cut a tiny slit in the fold of the card so the turquoise ribbon could wrap through the inside of the card. That's pretty much it. The close-ups show the glitters and texture of the brown card stock I used. Hope you like it!



5 comments:

Winter said...

So cute & fun! :)

Natasha said...

Very cool, very innovative!

Two Happy Stampers said...

The coconut cup is lots of fun and the glitter adds to the fun!!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh that card is so FUN! I can almost hear the ocean waves! :)

Amy said...

Cute card! I used "aloha" as my sentiment, too -- great minds think alike, I guess!

 Hello, I'm still here!