Monday, January 12, 2009

Well, it wasn't a weekend to remember....or at least not a Sunday to remember.

The Chargers lost in a horrible way. I hate the close nail-biter games, but the ones I really hate the ones where they just get beat.
That's all I'm going to say on that subject.

Also Sunday, Greg went out to fill our pond with water and when he bent over to turn off the water - ZAP - he was down on his knees in pain. He said he had a horrible pain in his tailbone and it shot down his legs. He could hardly stand. I asked him a dozen times if he wanted me to take him to the ER and he refused. The rest of the night he could hardly walk and it was hard to find a comfortable position to be in. This morning when I woke up around 6am, I asked how he was. Not better. That was it. I told him I was taking him to the ER so he would not have to deal with getting in to see a regular doctor which is harder and harder to do these days. He had X-rays and they told him he has degenerative bone disease. I also think he has an early case of spinal osteoarthritis. Nearly every morning he says he back aches. He has been trying to tell me our new Tempur-Pedic mattress is defective. I ask....if it is defective, why don't I have a problem, too? His answer....it's only defective on his side.

*chuckles*

He's doing better tonight but it's still painful. They gave him Flexeril along with a host of information and a few other drugs. He said he take the Flexeril after dinner. I expect about an hour after he takes it I will find him passed out in bed. Those pills will lay you out! I can only take half of one or I sleep for 2 days....no joke.

So...not the best Sunday. I did get more sunset photos on Saturday....check out my Flickr site if you're interested.

3 comments:

littlemikemack said...

Too bad on both fronts...back pain is number 1 in my book of "pains"

1) back pain
2) vehicle trouble
3) moving
4) being cold
5) people smacking their food

Anonymous said...

Poor Greg =(

Hmmm...good list. I agree with 1-4, but I would have a different #5. 5)Using my credit card for something online, then leaving it on my desk and discovering it's missing when I'm at the store...bummer.

L

Kitty said...

that is a good list....and people smacking their food or crunching loudly is EXTREMELY annoying....but finding your credit card missing has to be a heart-stopper!

 Hello, I'm still here!