Monday, January 26, 2009

I need to rant for a few minutes.

Begin rant.

People. They are soooo irritating! Sometimes I feel....well, I don't exactly know the word for how I feel. Let's see if I can explain. I'm not very approachable and it's on purpose. The more people I talk to or deal with the more crap gets into my life....so I avoid people. I have a few select people I call friends. And I'm fine with that. I don't need a whole tribe of people in my life to be happy. And I am pretty good at figuring people out. I listen. Not a lot of people do that every well. You can learn a heck of a lot about someone just by listening to them. And if you don't say anything, they will just keep going....blah, blah, blah. And interestingly enough, people will tell me things like I am their best friend. Anyway, there are times when I get the feeling that I am limiting myself because I am so reclusive and unapproachable. I don't feel that way very long tho. It only takes interaction with more than my select few friends to understand the way I have things set around me are for the best. The doubt creeps in because society tells us that those with many friends are the happiest. But as we all know, what society leads us to believe is often crap. I understand I may be in the minority when it comes to being like this. Most people enjoy getting out and going to a party and having lots of friends to call and go out with, but just because I am in the minority does not mean I'm wrong to be this way or that I should change and be someone I'm not. This is the way I am. Everyone else can deal with it!

End rant.

2 comments:

littlemikemack said...

That's a very "Mike-like" rant.

I'm a Seinfeld fan....as such I always go back to this brief exchange.

Elaine: Ugh, I hate people.
Jerry: Yeah, they're the worst.

I think that says it all. Take care

Kitty said...

I love that! :)

 Hello, I'm still here!