Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thanks everyone...the suggestions for the alphabet photo project got me started. See my Flickr site if you want to see my A photo. The letters I & Z still have me wondering, but I've got specific ideas for the rest of the alphabet.

---

I was looking around for a pecan cake recipe....since I need to start baking more, and I found the one below. I looked at the ingredients and I said "this isn't a recipe...". All it calls for is a box of cake, the stuff the back of the box calls for, frosting and some nuts. The only thing that kept me looking was the 4.7 stars (out of 5) rating from 153 people. That is a very good rating! It was then that I noticed step 3.....it says to add the frosting into the mix! Huh? I've never heard of doing this....but I am very curious. I might have to make it....but then I'd have to send it to work with Greg so they all eat it and not us. Maybe you'd like to try it, too!

Southern Praline Pecan Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package butter pecan cake mix
1 (16 ounce) container coconut pecan frosting
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 cup chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spray a 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine the cake mix with the frosting, eggs, oil, water and 1/2 of the pecans. Mix until combined.
4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of pecans in the prepared Bundt pan then pour in the cake batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iggloos!!! at the zoo? haha.

i dono.

msmarch

 Hello, I'm still here!