Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just stuff.

I don't remember where I saw the ad for these flip flops, but thought I'd share them with you. Looks comfy. And the "about" section is kinda funny :)

Bonsai Sandals
About them.

---

Unusual brownies that sound yummy! See a picture of them at 101Cookbooks.com ~ which is where the following recipe came from.

Moosewood Fudge Brownies

Heidi at 101 Cookbooks.com writes:
I used 71% Valrhona chocolate. White whole wheat flour works great if you would like to substitute. I also added espresso powder, half of a large ripe banana, and about a cup of toasted walnuts (per Mollie's suggestions at the tail end of the recipe). I topped them with a sprinkling of walnuts before going in the oven as well.

Let soften: 1/2 lb. butter (don't melt it)

Melt: 5 oz. bittersweet chocolate. Let cool.

Cream the butter with 1 3/4 cups (packed) light brown sugar and 5 eggs. Add 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract. Beat in the melted, cooled chocolate and 1 cup flour.

Spread into a buttered 9x13" baking pan. Bake 20-30 minutes (note: mine took 30) at 350 degrees.

Optional: chopped nuts, or 1 tablespoon instant coffee, or 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange or lemon rind, or 1/2 teaspoon allspice or cinnamon, or a mashed over-ripe banana, or none of the above.

Yet another option: instead of uniformly blending in the chocolate, you can marble it. Add chocolate last, after the flour is completely blended in and only partially blend in the chocolate. It looks real nice.

---

I'm not sure what got into me this morning, but I opened Photo Booth and started taking pictures of the office. Not good pictures, I know. Photo Booth isn't good for distance shooting, and the "photo cam" is built into my monitor, so I was limited on how far and where I could position it. But here is what I have.

Taken from inside my cubical...I turned my monitor to face the two other cubes in the office.

This is my area. Thrilling, I know. That's my chair (round thing), my bulletin board with all my favorite Larson's I've collected from his calender this year, and my guest chair in the corner which currently holds my coat and messenger bag on it. Woo!


"Help! Help! A monster is chewing on my leg!"
Ok, not really. Hey, I have to entertain myself...and I think it's funny ;)

Me looking really bored and not wanting to work.

This picture kills me! I laugh every single time I look at it. If I'm having a bad day, I look at that photo because it instantly makes me laugh. As unflattering as it may be, I remind myself of Wallace of Wallace and Grommet. That was taken a while ago.....on another day when I didn't feel like working.

Ok, that's all for today. I do actually have to work even tho I don't want to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
littlemikemack said...

Damn, that's almost as rambling a post as mine was this morning...those flip flops look mighty nice. Here's a hint...when the "hard candy lady/beast" steps away...hide her stash...you may not get ride of her yapping, but the other issue is solved for a short time anyway.

Your "bored" image is very similar to mine...hands clasped together...staring at the Dell logo...Wallace pic gets a chuckle

I used to have one of those large calenders stashed in the corner here...never made an entry on it...just used a few sheets for some big ass airplanes (that never flew very well).

The "help help" pic is ummmmmm,
ok sure, it's "entertaining"...(makes note to self....wow she is easily entertained)

Brownies look good...we treated ourselves to Baskin-Robbins last night...$15 later it didn't taste so good.

Anonymous said...

*giggles*

Silly...

Hidden under any blankets lately?

 Hello, I'm still here!