Monday, April 16, 2007

Is anybody watching the show Gene Simmons: The Family Jewels? I was watching Dog The Bounty Hunter last Sunday, which I watch now and then, and The Family Jewels was on after it. The episode was Gene and Shannon getting face lifts, so I watched it out of sheer curiosity. The show turned out to be pretty entertaining so I recorded it again last night.

I think I'm really going to like this show.

I have to be honest tho, before watching this, I'm not sure I would have been able to tell you who Gene Simmons was exactly. I know the name Gene Simmons is famous, but I don't think I would have been able to tell you he's the guy from KISS with the tongue. And without all the make-up, I wouldn't have any idea who he was to look at him. Sometimes I amaze myself tho, so maybe I would be able to tell you he was the guy from Kiss, but I know for sure I would not be able to tell you who he was without the make-up....well, unless he happened to stick his tongue out.

But now I know.

And his son, who's 18, looks just like him. And this kid is 6'7"! Good god! And has the same tongue. Which, in the episode last week, he says is longer than his dad's. Gene's tongue is said to be 7 inches long. Now, I know some people think that's cool and everything.....and it's.....interesting, I guess, but mostly that is just really weird to me. And don't think I'd be able to look at it in person. You know....tounges are really pretty gross to look at. But anyway, enough of that.

I just think it seems like a pretty entertaining show. It's a half hour which is perfect. If it were an hour, that would be too mcuh. But 30 minutes of this I can watch. Next time you're flippin' around of Sunday night, check it out.

3 comments:

littlemikemack said...

I agree...it's a good, entertaining little show...I don't have any "appointment tv" programs...but I'll stop by this one most times

Anonymous said...

I dated a guy once with a Gene Simmons tongue. Everytime we got done kissing, I'd have to wipe my face off...blech!

L

littlemikemack said...

.....thought about you last night while watching Gene Simmons...he's "trapped" (or more like "I've fallen and can't get up !!") on the mountain. It looked a little to staged...what was the camera man thinking ???..."I'll place the camera just out of his reach and maybe we'll capture his dying moments on tape....viewers will love it !!!!"

 Hello, I'm still here!