Thursday, June 15, 2006

3:03pm

My plan to have a good day yesterday was moving along fine until 3:03pm came along. That's when I got an email message with the subject: Important - moving update! in my mailbox.

I'll be moving to my cubical on 6/29 at 9am. Oh joy.

This is an excerpt from the last part of the message:
"As we prepare for our upcoming move, we will have two meetings with representatives from the Faculty & Staff Assistance Program and Employee Relations to address issues related to this transition. These meetings are mandatory and will occur on the next two Thursdays (tomorrow, 6/15 and 6/22) in 1218 at 10am.

This is pretty much what made my day go down the drain. I knew it was going to be some bull crap meeting about "change is coming and you need to get over it". Yes, we do need to get over it and get on with things, but having a meeting (it was 2 hours, by the way) telling us to do that is just pushing us too far! This is a process we, the soon to be cubical dwelers, need to deal with in our own way. I'm dealing. I will not rant and rave. I will not have a hissy fit. I will not throw things around in fits of anger. I will try very hard to be polite and not say things that are inappropriate and border on insubordination to my boss.....I will think them silently instead.

Basically I will be good but I can't say I will be happy. That's just not something you can ask me to be right now.

I guess it's too much to ask for them to be a little sensitive to us right now and let us have some real adjustment time. And for crying out loud, we have not even moved yet and they already want us to be over it!

*sighs*

4 comments:

Kala said...

moving is rough - esp. if your office has a view to die for and for no good reason someone decides they want to move couple rooms over to get the room with a view and move you to the another room - hope ur move goes well and things get better.

Amiene Rev said...

hm... working life... i still a student. but to see working people experiences... we can learn something from that :)

littlemikemack said...

Oh the joys of moving cubes...this place has it down to a science now. I've been in this building since 2002, I'm on my 6th cube...(whatever happens, no one give me a red stapler...we're clear on that right ?)

littlemikemack said...

Oh the joys of moving cubes...this place has it down to a science now. I've been in this building since 2002, I'm on my 6th cube...(whatever happens, no one give me a red stapler...we're clear on that right ?)

 Hello, I'm still here!