Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Love Weddings...

...but sadly, I don't know many people who have gotten married so I don't attend very many weddings.

Recently my boss was in a wedding and I got to view the photos....all 200+. The wedding was really lovely. A few things stood out to me. One was, the bride wore garnet colored satin shoes with rhinestone buckles on top. I know it may sound gaudy, but it wasn't at all. They were really beautiful shoes. So she is in head to hem white and then....POP....you get a glimpse of her shoes. The colors of the wedding were garnet & tangerine, which again may sound gaudy, but they did a good job of just splashing the colors here and there so it was not overdone. The flowers were red and orange roses with orange calla lilies. I just love the little things that people do....like the shoes. I think it was cool to get away from the traditional stuff and be different.

Other than that, I really have nothing of major interest to post. It's been hotter than a stolen tamale here. So we have just been laying around like sloths. I am eagerly waiting for Fall to arrive with it's cooler temps and hope for some rain. I cannot even remember the last time it rained.....far too long ago. My coats and scarves are calling to me from the closet.....

"Hey! Woman! You ever going to were us again? This closet is cramped and we need a change of scenery!"

So for my coats sake, let's hope we get some rain soon.

I went for a walk in the rain

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGh i know EXACTLY what you mean about wanting cooler weather. i miss wearing all my sweaters and scarves!!! and rain! oh rain! i miss it.

hope all is well in stolen tamale land. =]

msmarch

Anonymous said...

We do need some rain, but I like the heat. Say Happy B-Day to the big guy for us! Love, B&D

Anonymous said...

I like weddings, too...mostly the cake! And I'm dying for Fall! Can't wait for next month...

L

 Hello, I'm still here!