Monday, September 15, 2008

I have a feeling the answer is no, but is anyone watching HBO's vampire show True Blood?

Last Sunday afternoon Greg asked me if I was going to watch it and I said no. I am usually very disappointed in vampire movies/shows so I wasn't going to bother. They are so......stupid. Nothing has compared to Buffy in my eyes. Until now. I really like this show. After I said no, I got a little curious. I found a trailer for the show. Just watching that had me hooked. So thanks to Greg for giving me the nudge.

Now, let me just say, I understand that just the idea of a vampire show sounds stupid. Trust me, I felt that way about vampire movies, shows....anything. Not to mention a show with a heroine named Buffy. Pretty stupid. But then one night I watched an episode. it really is good. I'm lucky I opened my mind to it because it was, and always will be, a great source of enjoyment and inspiration to me.

I think True Blood might do the same thing for me. It isn't like the movie Blade or that ridiculous show Blood Ties. It's just....good. It's quality. Something you don't see a lot of in vampire flicks and shows. True Blood is nothing like Buffy The Vampire Slayer.....well, except that it has vampires in it. It is very adult.....which you would expect because it's on HBO. They get away with things you will never see on non cable stations.

If you are even slightly interested, I think you can watch 2 aired epidoes on HBO's website.

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!