Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tiny Glitch

I knew the second I saw these alphabet stamps that I'd love them. I'm starting a new card for the contest and I'm using them. The category is creative use of alphabet stamps.

letters

I've been holding off on this card because I wasn't sure what the heck I'd do that was creative outside "happy birthday" or "thinking of you". Then it came to me. A poem! I thought about it long and hard and finally came up with doing a winter themed card with a snowflake or general winter poem on the front. Imagine the length of time it took searching for the perfect poem. It could not be too long....in fact, the shorter the better, and it had to fit the winter or snowflake theme. I finally found a poem....it's just what I was looking for.

Tiny glitch tho.

At the bottom of the site where I found it, there is a notice that says "all contents and graphics located on this site should not be removed. This is NOT a public domain". It's on some elementry school site. They posted some of the kids poems and it came up in my Google search. So, question is, if I use this poem and someone happens to see it....like the mother of the kid that wrote the poem, you think they will get mad? I don't think the notice is as good as a copyright....I don't think. And it's not like I'm trying to pass the poem off as mine or anything, so I think I'll be fine. I'll even note that on the back of the card, that the poem isn't written by me. That should be sufficient, wouldn't you think? I think so....

Are you sick of hearing about the contest yet? Don't worry...it will be over soon.

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

Does it ruin the aesthetics of the card if you attribute it to the author ??? (if you even have the author's name)...common sense seems to say that you should be fine.

 Hello, I'm still here!