Monday, March 12, 2007

*Update to this post*

Here are links to the two cards I have made:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/420050777_8093dd0645_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/420050775_aeb2a67795_b.jpg

--

On the brown one, that is the one I had to use the "rock & roll" technique on. What you do is stamp an image, then stamp the same image on top of it in a contrasting color. You have to roll only the edge of the stamp over the top of the first stamped image. If you look close, you'll see the center of the face is green and the outer edges are brown. I stamped about a hundred of those green and brown faces and finally I got one that worked. It's soooo hard to get the second stamped image to line up exactly. Right now, I never want to see that face stamp again. So glad I'm done with that one.

So what do you guys think so far? I need feedback on this.

A few posts ago I talked about the card contest I want to take part in. Well, I'm really not too sure about it now. Time is getting away from me and I only have the cat card made. I forgot to take a picture of it, so I can't post it. It turned out ok, but not mind blowing. I've started reading some paper crafting blogs, and I tell you what, there are so really talented people out there. I look at their card projects and just think there is no way I will win if people like them are sending things in. I've got about 5 more cards to make and I'm thinking about just saying forget it. Why put the time in if I feel like nothing will come of it?

But then.....then I remember Better Homes & Gardens 1996. I took first place in their recipe contest and won $400 bucks. First place! So what the heck....if the little scone recipe I conjured up can win, then maybe my little cat card can, too.

Sometimes it's just hard to stay positive....but I'll try.

---

In other news, Abby is turning 1 on Friday! I know most people will roll their eyes at this, but I'm having a mini birthday party for her. I'm going to make a tuna cupcake with pink salmon icing for her. Spoiled, I know. But hey, she's just a cat so if I can spoil her, then why not? And I love her and she brings joy to me so a little tuna cupcake isn't that big of a deal :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey the mini birthday celebration sounds great...you've got a great idea...well for some more resources and ideas on that you can visit my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Anonymous said...

I like them. Way too much work for me......
Bob

littlemikemack said...

Those look good...I don't know anyone in the "scrapbook/card-making arena".....is it possible to set up a "jig" for the "double stamp" card ????...perhaps it would save time...create an "L" shaped jig and then stamping exactly one on top of another should be a piece of cake....but then again, maybe that's cheating.

 Hello, I'm still here!