Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend Report

Chargers are 10-2! Woo!

Friday we got a Christmas tree. It's fake, but I'm just happy we have one. Greg had said no tree this year because he's sure Abby will knock it over and destroy all our ornaments. But for whatever reason, he changed his mind and we got one. It's really tall...the top branch is just about an inch from the ceiling. I'll take pictures of it at some point. No ornaments yet...we're waiting for Abby to get all her investigating done before the ornaments are on. But are cats ever really done investigating? Humm.

Saturday we didn't really do much. Strung lights on the tree and then sat in the dark with just the tree lit eating Greg's homemade chili. Then we watched 40 Year Old Virgin. Pretty funny movie.

Sunday I had to go to a baby shower for my boss. I was less than thrilled to go....as you can imagine. I don't know why I do things I don't want to do. The two other ladies I work with also RSVP'ed that they were going and never showed up. I should have just said I had other plans, but no....I was polite and made an apperance. Had it been during the Charger game, I would have had to pass....priorities, you know :->

Oh, a side note on the phrase "I'll pass". Last night we were watching the Sunday night football game and John Madden and Al Michaels call the Sunday night games now. I just love them. So they are showing some of the stadium food you can get at Mile High stadium...some of which is fried rattle snake. John and Al were talking about this. John said something like: "There isn't too much I won't eat, but I'm going to have to Pasadena on the fried rattle snake".

Get it? Pasadena rather than just pass. I was laughing.....maybe I'm easy to entertain, but I thought that was funny! I really like John Madden. I know some people get annoyed at his tendency to state the obvious, but I just see it as part of his overall appeal. And no one can say those fools on Monday night are better than John and Al....with the exception of Joe Theismann...he's the only worthy one of the three.

Okay, I think that's it for my weekend report!

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!