Monday, November 27, 2006

Weekend Report

Chargers won again. Phew....almost didn't. And a loss to those Raiders would have been the worst! 9-2 baby!

Thanksgiving was nice. The bird truned out pretty good. I was pleased and everyone said it was good. The pies turned out less good....well one of them was okay. The pecan pie was over cooked....which is confusing since I followed the recipe exactly. The corn strup turned to the "hard ball" stage and so it was kinda crunchy and stuck to your teeth like carmel. Not good. The only thing I can think of is, the corn syrup was about a year old. I only use it once a year. So maybe that had something to do with it? No idea. Last year the pecan pie also truned out bad. It was under cooked! It was a different recipe. Maybe I'm picking bad pecan pie recipes. The pumpkin pie truned out fine :) And the stuffing was good, too.

The Thanksgiving gathering was also nice. We played a game and I think that made a difference. We always seem to clean up and then just sit around which leads to dull times. But the game was fun. My Mom called me the next day and said she thinks it was one of the best Thanksgivings we've had! I didn't have the heart to tell her we won't be there next year. I think I will have to wait a while to tell her that.

Friday my husband got me out of bed at the crack of dawn. I am not kidding....it was the crack of dawn. He wanted to go to all the black friday sales. It wasn't too bad, tho Mervyn's was pretty packed. We got some gifts and then headed home for turkey sandwiches and a nap.

Saturday we did a little more shopping and took a break from turkey and had mexican food.

Sunday we had turkey salad sandwiches and then had turkey soup for dinner.

That's it for the turkey. Had enough.

Today is Cyber Monday. If you still need to buy some gifts, head to your favorite online stores and see what kind of deals they have. I only have 3 people left to buy for!

Okay, that's it for my Thanksgiving weekend report!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...glad to hear your turkey turned out well...we too had Mexican food..."pollo a la parilla" for me...grilled chicken w/a avocado cream sauce....damn, my mouth is watering

Anonymous said...

...somewhere back in your posts you mentioned taking a Hawaii cruise next Thanksgiving. Just found out that our entire group (I'm one of six kids and all our families) is doing the "Hawaii-cruise" thing in June...looking forward to it obviously, kids are especially pumped...take care

 Hello, I'm still here!