Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Report

The Chargers won again!! So very happy about this.

I have to admit that I didn't watch the second half of the game....well, except for the end of it. I just was starting to get down because I could feel Denver taking charge. I know the Chargers had come from behind in last weekends game, but there was the whole thing about the Chargers not winning for how-ever-long in Denver and how LT hasn't done well there...blah, blah, blah. I just hate to listen to that and since they were getting behind, I figured they'd be harping on that for the rest of the game and I didn't want to hear it. It's been a long time since people, other than fans, have been for the Chargers....so talking sh** about them as soon as they start to loose is something I've been listening to for years.

However, this might be changing. Frist thing this morning, and I mean first thing right out of bed, I sat down at the computer and went to ESPN.com and lookie there.....the headline wasn't that the Cowboy's blew the Colts undefeated winning streak. It was the Chargers win! I was so proud of them. And it was a nice story. None of that "will it last" or "lady luck is on their side" crap. It was all about how good they play and how the team works well together. That's what I like to read. Maybe times are changing. It would be nice.

Okay, enough of that.

Went to the grand opening of Bloomingdale's in Fashion Valley on Saturday. Really nice store. With really big price tags. We saw a purse that was $900. And it wasn't even a cute purse....in my opinion. Greg started to make a comment that my little Juicy purse didn't fit in there...but then thought better of it ;) We walked out with a $16 ornament and that was it.

I got some kitchen twine at Williams-Sonoma so I can truss my turkey. Does that sound bad? Truss my turkey...humm. Anyway, also got some pumpkin butter. Has a recipe for pumpkin pie, so that's one of the pies I'll be making. Let's hope it's good.

Started working on my Chirstmas cards. I have several stamp sets to pick from this year. It was hard to pick which one I want to use. But it came down to a sort of a nontraditional set. I hope they turn out good. I'm excited to work on them. I've reignited my card making spark. It feels good to be creative again.....to feel good in general.

Okay, that's it for the weekend report!

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!