Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tired

I have been sooo tired lately. When I get home all I can do is eat and then I lay down and....zzzzzz. I fall asleep in just minutes. Back in January I told my doctor about this and she had me get a blood test to check my iron levels. They were low so she had me start taking iron pills. I think maybe I should start taking them again. Last night Greg had a softball game and when he got home, he came in the bedroom and said "I'm home". I didn't answer so he said it again but still nothing. He came over to my side of the bed, probably to see if I was dead, and I finally woke up. This is very unusual because I am a light sleeper and just coming in the back door from the garage would normally be enough to wake me up :-/

I take comfort in knowing I am not the only tired one. Yesterday afternoon I was at my desk working and I could hear this noise but I was only half listening so I ignored it. Then a few minutes later it got louder. I rolled back in my chair and looked into the cube across from me and the guy was hunched forward with his forehead on his desk snoring. I was stunned. He had to have been like that for a while because his screen saver was on and you usually have to be idle for a while for those to come on. And the position he was in made my back and neck hurt to look at him. It's almost as if his head dropped forward as he fell asleep and the he slowing just went forward from there until his forehead reached the desk. I rolled back up to my desk and turned my iTunes on and just kept working. I didn't notice when he woke up, but I did see him leave and go home. He looked like a zombie.

They could be working us to death here.

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!