Thursday, August 30, 2007

Redneck Recipes

Last night Greg and I went out to dinner. There were two redneck guys behind us drinking beer and eating pizza. I was trying not to listen to their conversation, but I could not help but hear everything they were saying because they were talking so loud. The conversation got to leftover pizza:

Redneck 1: "You know what I see when I look at that?" (pointing to the pizza)
Redneck 2: "Uh....Pizza...?"
RN1: "Nope. I see 4 different kind of meals"
RN2: *confused*
RN1: "I can make omelets out of pizza the next day"
RN2 *more confused* (so was I)
RN1: "And you ever had sloppy joes?"
RN2: "Yeah"
RN1: "Well I make this thing out of a can of sloppy joe mix and pizza. Some of the best shit you'll ever eat. It's like gourmet"

I must say, I was pretty curious about the pizza omelet and the....sloppy joe "thing". Not curious because I'd want to try either of them, but because I am amazed at what people will eat. Ah, but it didn't stop there. He also makes pizza goulash and day old pizza garlic bread! Lucky for you folks, he rattled off the recipes so I'm sharing them with you so you can taste these gourmet delights yourself!

Pizza Omelet

Remove pizza topping from crust. Make omelet and stuff with pizza toppings.

Enjoy!

Sloppy Joe Pizza Thing

Split some hoagie rolls, pour a can of sloppy joe mix over them, peel off pizza topping from pizza crust and lay over sloppy joe drenched hoagie rolls. Broil until "bubblin' and gooey".

Enjoy!

Pizza Goulash

Again, remove pizza topping from crust (he's not a big crust person.....well, at least not pizza crust). Put pizza topping in a pan and heat until all "bubblin' and gooey".

Enjoy!

Day Old Pizza Garlic Bread

I'm going to give you this recipe just like he explained it:

"Go to the store and ask for the day old (he called it 24 hour old) garlic bread loaf they make there in the store. They'll sell it to ya for .75 cents because it's old. Scrape off the cheese and everything from the crust and put it on the garlic bread. Put it in the oven for.....oh, 20 minutes, and I tell you what man, that's some good shit".

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahaha.....

I looove these!

L

littlemikemack said...

re: "...that's some good shit"

I think Julia Child used that line more than once. Or was it Emeril ??
....Alton ???....Giada ???...RachelRay ???...I know, I know...Paula Dean ???

 Hello, I'm still here!