Monday, August 27, 2007

Name That Tune

Selected lyrics are posted below. Just a few of my most favorite. They are all on my iPod.

DO NOT CHEAT AND LOOK THEM UP.

Try to name as many as you can.

---

#1
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? how long...


#2
you don't know me, you don't even care,
you don't know me, you don't wear my chains...


#3
I'm 15 for a moment
Caught in between 10 and 20


#4
When he first came to the mountains his life was far away
On the road and hangin' by a song
But the string's already broken and he doesn't really care
It keeps changin' fast and it don't last for long


#5
Like a song of love that clings to me
How the thought of you does things to me
Never before has someone been more


#6
All day
Staring at the ceiling
Makin' friends with shadows on my wall


#7
all of the things that I want to say
just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping inwards
you got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here


#8
But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That youre the one I want to go
Through time with


#9
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face


#10
When Im with you
I shake inside
My hearts all tangled up
My tongue is tied its crazy


#11
Gonna wrap my arms around you
Hold you close to me
Oh, babe, I wanna taste your lips
I wanna fill your fantasy, yeah


#12
Why cant you see
What youre doing to me
When you dont believe a word I say?


#13
I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, Myself and I


#14
Nobody said it was easy
It’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Aww take me back to the start


#15
You see it all around you
Good lovin' gone bad
And usually it's too late when you, realize what you had

6 comments:

littlemikemack said...

#1 Sunday Bloody Sunday...great video from Red Rocks in Denver

#3 stabbing at Ben Folds Five from Brick ???

#8 Croce

#9 Disco diva Gloria Gayner

#11 Exile

#13 Fergie

#15 Hold on Loosely (38 special ??)

That's all I know....#10 and #12 are real familiar but can't put my finger on it

Anonymous said...

1. U2

3. James Blunt

4. John Denver

5. Unforgettable

6. Rob Thomas

8. Time in a bottle

9. What Mike said

12. Elvis

15. What Mike said

L

Kitty said...

Mike, those are correct except #3.

Laura, also correct except #3.
#6 is Rob Thomas singing....but what is the band/song?

Anonymous said...

#3 The song is like 100 years or something, not sure who sings it :(

Matchbox 20 / Unwell

Rob Thomas = yummy

L

Kitty said...

The answers!

#1
Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2)

#2
Boston (Augustana)

#3
100 Years (Five For Fighting)

#4
Rocky Mtn High (John Denver)

#5
Unforgettable (Nat King Cole)

#6
Unwell (Matchbox 20)

#7
You And Me (Lifehouse)

#8
Time In A Bottle (Jim Croce)

#9
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)

#10
I Get Weak (Belenda Carlisle)

#11
Kiss You All Over (Exile)

#12
Suspicious Minds (Elvis)

#13
Big Girls Don't Cry (Fergie)

#14
The Scientist (Cold Play)

#15
Hold On Loosely (38 Special)

littlemikemack said...

Hells bells I should have got #12...funny how if I "sing those lines like Elvis"...it magically turns into Suspicious Minds...

Also, I should have known you'd have a Colplay tune in the mix

 Hello, I'm still here!